Since its humble beginning in 1995, Direct Line Cruises has grown to become one of the largest official agencies for the cruise industry. Amazingly, it started as a home-based part-time job (actually, more of a "hobby") for a Long Island housewife who simply "fell in love" with cruising after she tried it for the first time. Then, with no previous experience (and a budget of only a few hundred dollars), she created a business that has developed into one of the most spectacular "overnight" success stories in the history of the travel industry.
From its corporate headquarters in Hauppauge, NY, Direct Line Cruises now handles reservations for more than 30,000 cruise passengers throughout the United States...and the number is rapidly increasing every year. But no matter how big it gets, the dedicated staff at Direct Line Cruises continues to treat every client (and future client) as a valued friend by offering honest, reliable service and top-quality cruise vacations at incredibly low rates.
Want 10 Good Reasons To Book Your Cruise Through Direct Line Cruises?
1. Expert Staff - As an exclusive agency for the cruise industry, Direct Line Cruises ("DLC") carefully selects and trains its staff in every important detail about all of the major cruise lines. Their toll-free reservations line (1-800 DLC-8088) is available to answer all of your questions, provide rate quotes and send out brochures immediately upon your request.
2. No Commissions or "Sales Pressure"- The staff at Direct Line Cruises doesn't work on commission so you save money and they always have YOUR best interest in mind. There's never any "sales pressure" or unwanted follow-up calls. In fact, they won't even take your phone number unless you ask them to call.
3. Low Rates - Direct Line Cruises buys large "blocks" of cabins from several major cruise lines. By pre-purchasing cabins far in advance of the sailing dates, they "lock-in" the cruise line's "early booking" discounts and they get group pricing concessions (which are passed on to you even if you are only booking one cabin). In fact, the rates from DLC are often 40% to 60% lower than the cruise line's brochure rates (and you always get the best rate right up-front with no unpleasant "haggling"). So, here's some friendly advice: "You can shop 'til you drop, but you'll still never top, the great rate you got from Direct Line Cruises".
4. Best Stateroom Selection - You can choose any cabin from DLC's exclusive inventory. Because they pre-purchase cabins long before the sailing date, Direct Line Cruises typically offers the best selection of standard and deluxe staterooms on each ship.
5. No Service Fees - Unlike many travel agencies, Direct Line Cruises never charges a service fee for helping you make your cruise reservation. So, the rate you are quoted is the rate you pay. There are never any unrequested "add-ons".
6. Cash Rebate for 8 Or More Cabins - Planning a cruise for a group of friends or family? Get a cash rebate for the full fare of one person (excluding port charges / taxes) for every 8 cabins booked. NOTE: Some restrictions may apply for Carnival Cruises. Call for details.
7. Rate Protection - Cruise line rates frequently change on a daily basis. However, once a deposit is made, your rate is "locked-in" no matter how high the cruise line may increase its rate. If the cruise line reduces its rates before the final payment date, your cabin would be reduced to the new lower fare or you would receive an upgrade or onboard credit. So, for the best rates and availability, book your cruise at least 6 months in advance. That way, you can't lose.
8. Direct Payment Processing By the Cruise Line - New clients are sometimes a bit skeptical about Direct Line Cruises because their rates are so low when compared to local "walk-in" travel agencies. So, to eliminate any possible concern, DLC has arranged to have all of its client reservation deposits processed directly by the cruise line. If you pay by credit card, you will receive a form on which you authorize the cruise line (not Direct Line Cruises) to charge your credit card for your initial deposit (usually $200 - $300 per person). If you pay by bank check or money order, you make it payable to the cruise line (not Direct Line Cruises). Within a few days after booking your cruise, you will receive written confirmation providing full details of your reservation and deposit payment. If there are ever any discrepancies, they are immediately resolved.
9. TRAVEL INSURANCE- Travel Insurance is included in our rates for cruises 5 nights or longer.
10. Special Promotions - As a valued client of Direct Line Cruises, you will receive "inside information" about special cruise promotions that are not advertised to the general public. You won't believe some of these deals!