Norwegian Cruise Line’s Getaway launched with a Miami-influenced design that accommodates nearly 4,000 passengers. The ship retains NCL’s more familiar aspects – Freestyle dining and the Haven, for starters – while introducing multiple new features.
Much of the Getaway is based on the Breakaway’s design. The differentiating factor, however, is the character, which starts with the hull. This ship features artwork based on Miami – a mermaid and pelicans – designed by artist David “LEBO” Le Batard.
From there, the character progresses to the Waterfront, an open air promenade with restaurants and bars. Come by to enjoy the weather and people watch, or to savor Latin-inspired cuisine and mojitos.
Beyond this aspect, the Norwegian Getaway stands out with new activities and features:
• A large Broadway-level theater, where you’ll get to catch a production of Legally Blonde.
• A large sports complex designed with a ropes course, climbing wall, and zip line.
• Five multi-story water slides.
• Dinner theater productions
• 678 Ocean Place, a three-deck open area with shops and bars.
• The Vibe Beach Club and Thermal Suite Lounge
• The Illusionarium, a domed space combining fine dining with special effects.
These new aspects augment NCL’s classic features. Stop by to laugh through a Second City improv performance, dance and watch live music at The Grammy® Experience, see fireworks from the deck, or give the casino a spin.
The Norwegian Getaway stays with the cruise line’s array of cabins, from options for solo travelers to families:
• Mini suites
• The Spa Rooms, with extra pampering
• Balcony rooms with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
• Oceanview rooms
• Inside staterooms
• Studio rooms for solo travelers
Those traveling in luxury may get access to the Haven. Now a fixture on NCL’s latest vessels, this “ship within a ship” concept offers some of the most exclusive areas on board – a small pool, a private restaurant, and a lounge.
At the core of the Norwegian Getaway is Freestyle Dining, the cruise line’s innovative concept essentially allowing travelers to eat whenever, wherever, and with whomever they choose.
The Getaway features 28 restaurants, some open to Freestyle Dining. Some choices lean more toward the casual and traditional – three main dining rooms, a buffet, and various cafes and on-the-go choices. At many spots, menus change daily.
The Getaway further offers a varied array of specialty dining:
• Savor fresh seafood at Ocean Blue.
• Enjoy Brazilian barbecue at Moderno Churrascaria
• Try hibachi at Teppanyaki
• Carlo’s Bake Shop, by Cake Boss’ Buddy Valastro.
The next time you want a fun, fulfilling vacation, schedule it on the Norwegian Getaway. To start, select an itinerary, plan your trip, and look at discounts through Direct Line Cruises.
Top Norwegian Getaway Cruise Deals
View our featured cruise deals and itineraries on the Norwegian Getaway. For more information on these Getaway cruise itineraries, click below or call Direct Line Cruises.