Celebrity Cruises to Australia
The majestic sight of the Sydney Opera house begins and ends your Australian cruise on board Celebrity. It further sets the tone for the entire trip: one of excitement, beauty, and new discoveries in the land Down Under.
Australia’s cruise market started growing in recent years. Celebrity currently offers round-trip and one-way voyages that stop in Australia, New Zealand, and surrounding South Pacific nations. It’s an area of the world seeing spring and summer while we go through winter, one with wildlife found nowhere else, and one juxtaposing the urban, metropolitan culture of Sydney and Auckland with the Outback.
Ships and ItinerariesCelebrity cruise ships to Australia typically depart from Sydney or Auckland. Each ship has between 2,000 to 3,000 passengers and enhances your trip with Celebrity’s standard features, from specialty, fine dining to spas, pools, and a music library for relaxation.
When it comes to Australia alone, tours vary in length and distance:
• The Sydney Sampler: This cruise to nowhere departs Sydney to be at sea for three nights.
• Tasmania and South Australia: Ships leave from Sydney to stop in multiple Tasmanian ports, including Burnie and Hobart. While the island is ideal for wildlife watching, more varied itineraries take travelers to Melbourne, Adelaide, and Port Lincoln.
• Top End Cruise: Departing from Perth, the cruise takes travelers nearly around the continent, with a diversion to Indonesia. Trips typically consist of seeing Port Hedland, Bali, Darwin, Cairns, Brisbane, Newcastle, and Sydney.
• One-Way to Singapore: After leaving Sydney, the ship stops in Australia to finish in Singapore. Along the way, travelers experience Airlie Beach, Cairns, Darwin, and Bali.
Although Sydney may be a starting and ending port, not all cruises in the South Pacific originate there or spend time in Australia. If you’ve been looking to explore other areas of the region, consider the following itineraries:
• New Zealand Cruise: The Celebrity Solstice departs from Auckland to visit ports on both islands, touching on its more outdoorsy and cosmopolitan characters: Bay of Islands, Wellington, Akaron, Dunedin, and Tauranga, among others. Cruises then cross the water to Tasmania and Sydney.
• Tahitian Treasures: This cruise beginning in Hawaii takes a tour of French Polynesia’s notable islands before finishing in Sydney.
• Round-Trip to the South Pacific: From Sydney, cruises visit ports in nearby island nations, including New Caledonia, Vanuatu, and Fiji.
What to DoWith so many cultures and natural wonders spread across the South Pacific, the possibilities for exploring each area appear endless:
• Taking a tour of the island or town
• Going for an off-road adventure
• Scheduling a boat tour
• A wine tour of Auckland
• Viewing the city sights in Adelaide
• Touring Mount Tambourne and the Gold Coast in Brisbane
• A swimming adventure
• Go for a Harbour Highlights tour of museums and town sights
• Climb the Auckland City Bridge
• If you’re physically fit, go for a bike safari
• See fish and coral on an underwater walk in Polynesia
• Observe the local wildlife at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane
• Tour Cradle Mountain in Tasmania
• The Atherton Platypus experience to see the animal in its natural habitat
Explore the wonders of Down Under through Celebrity Cruises. From Australia’s coast to the South Pacific, there’s an itinerary for every interest. Start planning today with Direct Line Cruises.
Australia Cruise SailingsBelow is the latest Australia cruise sailings offered by Celebrity Cruises. You may sort by sailing date, ship, itinerary and departure port. For complete rates and availability on Celebrity Australia cruises, you may CLICK HERE, use the list below or call
Direct Line Cruises at 1-800-352-8088.
Celebrity Australia Cruise Itineraries