“Savor Your Destination” is part of the Celebrity Life program that gives food and wine enthusiasts the opportunity to enhance their cruise experience with a series of events that emphasize their passion for fine food. On select sail dates a celebrity chef is invited aboard to share their expertise.
Planned events include:
- A meet and chat with the guest chef during a private cocktail party.
- Watch a chef-led cooking demo highlighting special techniques and / or ingredients.
- Book signings for those chefs that have published books.
- Hands-on cooking classes in the ship’s galley.
- Exclusive food and wine pairing dinners designed and presented by the chef.
This year’s “big star” is Sara Moulton of Food Network fame, though her impressive credentials exceed the numerous television shows that she has hosted. She has authored several cookbooks, and was the executive chef of “Gourmet” magazine for over 20 years. She is also the food editor of ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America”. Ms. Moulton will sail on the Celebrity Eclipse on March 26, 2011.
Additional “Savor Your Destination” guest chef theme cruises will be led by:
- Chef Dean James Max of 3030 Ocrean in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. and five other restaurants, sailing on Celebrity Eclipse on March 12, 2011
- Chef Timon Balloo of Sugarcane in Miami, sailing on Celebrity Equinox on April 1, 2011
- Chef Govind Armstrong of 8 Oz. Burger Bar in Louisiana, Los Angeles, and Miami’s South Beach, sailing on Celebrity Equinox on April 11, 2011
- Chef John Suley of Gotham Steak at Miami’s Fontainebleau Resort, sailing on Celebrity Equinox on April 22, 2011
- Chef Angel Palacios of La Broche in Madrid, Spain, sailing on Celebrity Solstice on June 7, 2011
- Chef Jordi Valles of The Ritz-Carlton in Cancun, Mexico, sailing on Celebrity Solstice on October 11, 2011